How to Install Your Home Security Cameras in 5 Easy Steps

Home security is important — only 17% of homeowners have a home security system, and the other 83% are three times more likely to be victims of a burglary. However, professional installation of a home security system can be expensive. DIY-installing video cameras in your home can be an effective way to deter and detect intruders, and the added security can help parents keep an eye on their children from another location. If you live in a large home, you’ll want security cameras to cover all potential access points. If you live in a smaller home or apartment, you likely need only a portable all-in-one device. The great thing about a do-it-yourself security system is that you can customize it to best meet your needs. Below, we show you how simple it is to set up your own DIY security … [Read more...]

How to Stay Safe when Banking Online

It’s almost impossible to avoid online banking in 2016. Thanks to modern technology, we can now deposit checks, check bank balances, and send money to others without ever leaving home. While this modern luxury does make our list of errands run slightly shorter, it’s a convenience that comes at a high cost: online transactions may make your personal information vulnerable to a breach. According to recent research by HighSpeedInternet.com, 1 in 4 people surveyed has been hacked — or know someone who has been hacked — online.   Avoiding online banking because of cyber security risks isn’t particularly practical, and it’s definitely not convenient. As such, it’s important to understand how to keep your accounts secure if you don’t want to become a victim of identity theft or other … [Read more...]

8 Tips for Navigating Home Life as Newlyweds

The reception luncheon is over, all the wedding gifts are opened, and you and your spouse just got back from your two-week honeymoon on a tropical beach. Now is when the real adventure starts. The first year of marriage will be a challenge — you’ll have to find a way to blend differing expectations of house-related responsibilities — but it’ll also be a time to grow closer to your spouse as you build your home together. To give you a head start on making some happy memories, here are eight tips to help you manage the day-to-day dealings of home life as newlyweds. Decide what style you want your home to be Most newlyweds don’t have their home completely put together by the time they move in. Chances are, you’ll be adding new pieces of furniture over the next few months and years. … [Read more...]