This simple go-to recipe looks like a challenge but takes almost no effort at all! Apples, cinnamon and a drizzle of honey combine for a fantastic treated served up hot or cold.
Apple Un-Pie Ingredients:
– Apples (one per serving)
– Vanilla (1/4th tsp per serving)
– Honey (optional)
Apple Un-Pie Instructions:
– Cut apples into small cubes (I like the skin on, but you can peel if preferred)
– Place apples in an oven safe dish, pour vanilla in and coat with cinnamon. Stir well.
– Cover tightly with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
– Drizzle with honey and serve.
Apple Un-pie Serving Ideas!:
– Serve warm over vanilla ice cream.
– Chill and serve cold on a hot summer afternoon.
– Make a large batch and freeze in small portions for a quick treat later.