I participated in this sponsored campaign for One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
Fall is a busy time for sports fans, and since I come from a family of baseball fans, this time of year is especially exciting (even if my favorite team didn’t make it to the World Series!)! As with all sports, it’s always nice to have something to snack on while you’re watching “The Big Game.” Whether you’re hosting a party or just making snacks for your family, there are ways that you can make your snacks healthier without making them more complicated. Adding fresh Avocados from Mexico is a great way to green up your favorite game day spread. Just one once of fresh Avocados from Mexico has 50 calories and adds nearly 20 vitamins and minerals to your dish! The best part is that these avocados have such a creamy, rich flavor that you’d never guess that you were making your snack healthier by adding one! No need to worry about whether or not fresh Avocados from Mexico will be in your grocery store, they are available year round to make any dish better, especially for game day! Since you don’t want to miss a single moment of the action, it’s important that your baseball game day spread only takes a minimal amount of work. These barbecue chicken bacon avocado crostini couldn’t be any easier to make. The chicken mixture can be made ahead of time and can use up leftover chicken or meat from a rotisserie chicken. The bacon can also be cooked and crumbled ahead of time. All you need to do right before assembly is mash up a couple of tasty avocados with some seasoning and you are ready to assemble. The tangy barbecue chicken pairs perfectly with the rich, creamy avocado spread atop the toasted bread. And the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon? Well, can you really go wrong topping chicken and avocado with those two ingredients?! 🙂
Barbecue Chicken Bacon Avocado Crostini
- 16 slices French bread, about 1/4 inch thick
- Olive oil for drizzling, about 3 tablespoons
- 2 cups shredded chicken, leftover or rotisserie chicken works well
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Avocados of Mexico
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400. Line slices of French bread on a baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake for 3-4 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown. Flip bread slices halfway through baking.
- Stir together shredded chicken and barbecue sauce. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash together avocados, lemon juice, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon avocado mixture onto each slice of toasted bread. Top with about one tablespoon shredded chicken. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.
Plus we have a giveaway just for you! Leave a comment below for an opportunity to win a $45 value:
- (1) Sur La Table “Batter Up” Silicone Spatula
- (1) OXO 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- (1) I ♥ Avocado T-Shirt
- (1) Avocados From Mexico-branded USB loaded with recipes
- Enter the Avocado All Star sweepstakes for the chance to win a $5,000 grocery gift card! Sweepstakes ends October 31st. Go to AvocadoAllStars.com and join in the #AvoAllStars conversation on Twitter.
- Download a coupon for (1) FREE 10-oz Ro*Tel when you buy 3 Avocados from Mexico on AvocadoAllStars.com.