Autumn is filled with the flavors of the season like apples and pumpkin, but what about chocolate and peanut butter? These chocolate peanut butter acorns are an easy way to surprise your family and friends with a cute autumn treat! They’re perfect for a Thanksgiving treat or just an autumn bowl in your kitchen.
It literally takes minutes to put together and they’re sure to put a smile on the face of anyone who sees them. Ready to see how easy they are to make?
I told you that was easy! Just beware, it’s hard to just eat one! They are quite addicting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Acorns
from Six in the Suburbs
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- mini nutter butters
- dark chocolate hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
- mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the semi sweet chocolate chips in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Place the melted chocolate in a pastry bag with a small round tip attached (or ziploc bag with a tiny hole cut in one end).
- Using a bit of the melted chocolate, attach the butter butters to the hershey’s kisses. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes to harden.
- Using the same bag of melted chocolate, attach the mini semi sweet chocolate chips on the other side of the nutter butter. Refrigerate again just until hardened.
- Place in an airtight container and enjoy at room temperature.
What are you waiting for? Make your chocolate peanut butter acorns today!