This really is just a plain old pork chop but the flavor was incredible. I have not had a pork chop in a long time especially with the bone in but when I saw these little morsels of goodness on sale at the supermarket – I knew they were coming home with Zesty.
Pork chops have to be one of the fastest meals to prepare and lately I am all about speed and flavor. This meal was ready and delicious in about 35 minutes.
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Rosemary (Dried)
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard (Or Prepared Mustard)
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Apple Juice
- 3 Dashes of Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Warm saute pan to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Add them to pan and cook on one side until they begin to brown and caramelize, then flip.
- Cooking on the other side the same as step 5, once complete about 5 minutes remove from the pan and set on a plate.
- De glaze the pan with the apple juice while still on high heat.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Once the apple juice comes to a boil, add remaining ingredients.
- Cook for about 2 minutes and then add the pork chops back in the pan.
- Place pan in the oven for 15 minutes. The sauce will reduce and thicken with both texture and flavor.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
Zesty Tip: The key to big flavor with meat is to let it brown/sear well. Do not move it in the pan and do not turn it multiple times. Let the meat caramelize and brown on its own, you will know when to flip the meat. Use your sense of smell, it will never let you down.
Zesty Note ~For this dish I prepared some sweet potato fries as a side dish and cooked them off at the same time the pork was in. I just started them a little earlier in the process. Sweet potato fries were a great addition to the pork.
I want to thank Cory from Zesty Cook for sharing this delicious recipe with us! Cory is the author and master cook behind the delicious and always tastebud tantalizing website Zesty Cook. If you haven’t discovered him yet… go now and see what you’ve been missing.