Turning a boxed cake mix into an easy semi-homemade squash spice cake, makes for a delightful autumn treat! This squash cake is packed with spices of the season. Top it with some salted caramel sauce and you’ll be ready to go jump into a pile of freshly fallen leaves.
Nothing is easier than beating the cake mix with these few ingredients. The hard part is waiting for it to bake, while your nose goes on an autumn trip down spice lane. It’ll be hard to resist slicing it fresh out of the oven!
Easy Squash Spice Cake
adapted from Super Sweet Life
- 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups butternut squash puree
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat all of the ingredients together for about 3 minutes until completely combined.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake for 35-50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- (Optional) Top with salted caramel sauce.