Quick breads are not just for bananas. Try this easy bread for something different. The spices are perfect for fall cooking. I found it simple to put together and a great way to take advantage of the good prices on pears at the grocery store right now. It makes a great treat at breakfast, as a snack or packed in a lunch box.
Ginger Pear Bread
Ginger Pear Bread from All Recipes
Makes one 8″ x 4″ loaf
- 1 Cup peeled, cored, and chopped pears
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Make Ginger Pear Bread
1. Toss chopped pears with sugar, ginger and cloves in a medium bowl. Set aside and let the sugar dissolve in the pear juices. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan
2. Stir vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs into the pears.
3. In a separate bowl combine the remaining 5 dry ingredients.
4. Add flour mixture to the pear mixture and stir gently to just combine.
5. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Do you have a favorite recipe using pears? Tell us about it!