It’s grilling time! Summer is here and it’s time to get some easy grilled recipes in your repertoire, like these grilled peanut butter chicken skewers. Kids will love to eat dinner from a stick with the dip-able peanut sauce to go along side it, too!
The ease of simply placing the skewers in the chicken strips, setting on the grill and whipping up the peanut sauce, is almost too good to be true! Adding some zucchini and squash to the grill really rounds out the meal.
Grilled Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers
adapted from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
- 1 pound chicken strips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- (optional) peanuts, to top
- (optional) cilantro, to top
- Put the chicken strips on wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 1 hour. Grill with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peanut sauce, by blending the peanut butter, water, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and pepper together.
- Once the chicken is finished, serve warm and dip into the peanut sauce.
- (Optional) Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
What is your favorite way to grill?