Father’s Day is just around the corner!
I don’t know about you, but my dad loves hamburgers and cake. And it’s always fun to play practical jokes on him. Father’s Day is no exception. It’s all about him!
This Father’s Day, I’m sure your dad or husband would love to receive these from you or your children. It’s a very kid friendly recipe and quite easy to whip up!
Let your imagination run wild and be prepared to get a laugh when he bites into a sweet hamburger!
I hope all of your father’s out there have a Happy Father’s Day!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix, prepared as directed
- 1 box of brownie mix, prepare as directed
- 1-2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- green, yellow, and red food coloring
- sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Prepare the yellow cake mix as directed on the box to make cupcakes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack until ready to assemble.
- Prepare the brownies in a 13″ x 9″ pan and cool on a cooling rack until ready to assemble. Be sure to line your pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray before baking. This will ensure an easy removal when you’re ready to assemble.
- Mix the shredded coconut with the green food coloring until it reaches a lettuce-like color. Set aside.
- Mix half of the frosting in a bowl with the yellow food coloring, getting it to the color of mustard. Set aside.
- Mix the other half of the frosting in another bowl with the red food coloring, getting it to the color of ketchup. Set aside.
- To assemble, first cut the cupcakes in half.
- Next, using a round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut the brownies to the same size thickness as your cupcakes.
- Place the brownie circles on the bottom half of the cupcake.
- Place a layer of green coconut on top of the brownie.
- Using a pastry bag with a #7 wilton tip, squeeze some yellow and red frosting over the coconut.
- Place the top of the cupcake over the icing and coconut.
- With a pastry brush, brush a tiny bit of water over the top of the cupcake.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
- Serve to dad on father’s day!
Servings: 12-15 cupcakes