Healthy isn’t the first thing you think of when you hear queso, right? Well, in this case the queso is almost screaming healthy…except you can’t hear it.
You see, the queso doesn’t taste healthy, but it’s packed with veggies and has no heavy cream or butter! Just a little cheese and a secret ingredient.
Drum roll, please. The secret to this healthier queso is cauliflower!
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, we don’t want to spoil our diets with queso. So my challenge to you is to give this queso a try and be sure not to reveal our little secret until everyone has tried it!
Healthier Queso Dip
adapted from Girl Makes Food
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 chicken or vegetable bouillon cube
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chiles
- pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the cauliflower in the water and bouillon cube for 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Place the cauliflower and liquid into a blender or food processor and purée.
- Add in the cheese and blend until combined.
- Stir in the chillies and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite chips or vegetables!
Servings: about 2 1/2 cups of queso