Girl Scout cookies are only sold for a short 6-8 weeks every year. You can only sell so many to receive your cookie badge! So, what about the remainder of the year when the rest of us are starving for the delicious Girl Scout cookies, but there’s no troop selling them? You make the homemade Girl Scout cookies!
In addition to being about to make them (and eat them!) any time you want, making the Girl Scout cookies homemade allows you to control the ingredients. No weird chemicals, GMO’s or corn syrups if you are in control of making them!
1. Thin Mints by The Little Epicurean – Those thin, melt in your mouth cookies. The classic cookie come to life in your own kitchen! I bet you can’t eat just one!
2. Trefoils/Shortbreads from Fork & Beans – Though these cookies require a special cutter, Etsy is a short click away. You could always make them with whatever cookie cutter you have at home and still be able to enjoy the butter filled cookies! These cookies are also made gluten free, for all of you who can’t enjoy the store bought Girl Scout cookies!
3. Samoas/Caramel deLites from Just a Taste – Not only are these beautiful, but they are my personal favorite Girl Scout cookies. Kelly makes it look so simple to make with step by step photographs on how to make them!
4. Tagalongs/Peanut Butter Patties by Bakers Royale – A few simple ingredients and you’ll have your very own tagalongs in no time! You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!
5. Do-Si-Dos/Peanut Butter Sandwich by Savory Sweet Life – Calling all peanut butter lovers! It’s your chance to make your very own homemade Do-Si-Dos!
6. Lemon Coolers/Savannah Smiles from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen – Those melt-in-your-mouth Savannah Smiles you know and love. Kristan teaches us how to use kool-aid and powdered sugar to make that melting lemon sensation in every bite.
7. Lemonades by Gluten Free on a Shoestring – Another Girl Scout cookie made gluten free! Nicole gives us step-by-step instructions on how to make these lemonade Girl Scout cookies.
Which Girl Scout cookie is your favorite?