Chocolate lasagna is a variation of Chocolate Delight, a classic chocolate layered dessert. This lightened-up version of chocolate lasagna will help you not go overboard on those diets, while still indulging in the classic chocolate flavors.
The name chocolate lasagna just screams, ‘eat me!’. How could anyone resist?
The entire dessert took me about 10 minutes to whip up and you’ll have enough to feed an army…if it lasts that long! The oreo crust sets the stage for a sweet whipped topping and cream cheese layer, chocolate pudding, and a white cloud of cool whip topped with chocolate chips. Heaven in every bite.
Do you want a bite?
Lightened-Up Chocolate Lasagna
adapted from Center Cut Cook
- 1 package oreos (36 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 12 ounces lite cool whip, divided
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding
- 3 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Blend or crush the oreos into a fine crumble. Stir in the melted butter and push into a 9″ x 13″ pan. Refrigerate until ready to top.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons of skim milk until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of the cool whip. Spread over the oreo crust and place back in the fridge.
- In another large bowl, stir the instant pudding and skim milk together until it begins to thicken. Spread over the cream cheese layer and place back in the fridge for at least 5 minutes.
- Spread the remaining cool whip over the pudding layer and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately or within 3 hours (otherwise the layers begin to merge together).