The Irish are not the only ones feeling so very lucky this St. Patrick’s Day! “Why,pour” you ask? Well get ready for this four-leaf clover-like surprise. I am sharing a craving-satisfying chocolate cake, immersed in creamy and cool ice cream with a delicious dash of Guinness beer recipe! You will be ready to play the lottery once you see how lucky you are that it is quick to make, too.
So, are you ready for some quick and delicious fun to get this cake shake St. Paddy’s day party started? Then, let’s get our ingredients together and meet after we kiss the blarney stone!
First, I am starting out with the chocolate cake recipe so it has time to cool. To save some time and make it extra easy for this amazing holiday, I used ChocolateandCarrots’ post that I found here on Blissfully Domestic and made a few tweaks! It makes two servings, just in case you want to sneak some cake in while making the rest of the recipe or make your cake shake extra cake infused. I won’t tell if you do either… or both!
Next, I got my blender ready to work by throwing in the ice cream and Guinness beer. I can just hear the angels singing now! Can you?
You’ll want to whip that up a bit until it is smooth and then throw in chunks of the cake and pulse blend a few times. I don’t know about you, but I need some integrity left in my cake for this shake! Feel free to pulverize it though if you decide you don’t like that chunky texture.
Then, all you have left to do is get your frosty glass all prepped with extra chocolate drizzle pouring your drink in and top with extra leprechaun glitter and magic. Easy, right? I hope you enjoy this yummy recipe! You can also easily substitute the beer for milk if you are on designated driver duty and just want a delicious cake shake.
Lucky Guinness Chocolate Cake Shake
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Guinness stout beer
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for the shake:
- 4-5 large scoops of chocolate ice cream, as desired for thickness
- 1/2 cup Guinness stout beer
- 1 frosty cup or mug for serving
- Sprinkles, whipped cream and chocolate syrup, if desired for optimum magic and luck to top it off
What to do:
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the beer, butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and beat them until they are completely incorporated and no lumps are present.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Split the batter evenly into two microwavable 8 ounce mugs.
- Place the both of the mugs into the microwave and heat on high for about 1 minute and 45 seconds. Due to varying times, check the cakes at about 1 minute, 25 seconds and adjust as needed for your microwave.
- Set the mug chocolate cakes aside to cool while you prepare the shake.
- Using a blender, combine the ice cream and Guinness beer until smooth and the carbonation has settled a bit.
- Add in chunks of the chocolate cake to the shake mixture and lightly pulse the shake in the blender to break up the cake into the shake mixture slightly. Set aside.
- Swirl chocolate syrup all over the inside of a frosted cup, as desired.
- Slowly pour chocolate cake shake mixture into the prepared frosted cup.
- Finally, top with whipped cream and other magical and lucky toppings of your choosing! I added more mini chocolate chips, lucky charms marshmallows and colored sprinkles on top.
Stay lucky and try not to find too much mischief out there, friends. Happy St. Patrick’s Day and be sure to take a quick moment to tell me, what would you add to this cake shake to make it even better for true leprechaun fashion fun?