This easy-to-make, no-bake cheesecake recipe was passed down to me from my mom and is a classic favorite in my household. It was originally intended to make one large cheesecake using a 9-inch springform pan, but since I love the ease and convenience of individual portions, I tweaked it to make one dozen cupcake-sized treats.
Ingredients for Crust:
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- One dozen foil baking cups
Ingredients for Filling:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- Dash of salt
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries, sliced (can be substituted with another topping of your choice)
In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press equal portions of crust firmly on the bottoms of one dozen foil baking cups.
In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in cold water and stir over low heat until dissolved.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and salt in bowl, mixing at medium speed until well blended and fluffy. Gradually add gelatin, milk, and lemon juice. Mix until blended. Chill filling until slightly thickened.
Fold in whipped cream. Pour equal amounts of mixture over the crusts. Chill cheesecakes until firm, and garnish with fruit just before serving.