While we could always labor for hours in the kitchen and make a spectacular chocolate cake for 12, sometimes we just need a quick chocolate cake fix for two. You know that’s been you at one point or another, am I right?
Not only are these two cakes cooked in less than two minutes, the recipe also only gets one bowl dirty. Less clean-up and more time to enjoy this simple cake for two!
The chocolate chips spread throughout the chocolate cake makes for decadently gooey bursts in your mouth. Topping the mug cakes with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, frosting or whipped cream takes it to a whole greater dimension.
Can I get an amen?
Moist Microwave Chocolate Mug Cakes for Two
from A Farm Girl Dabbles
- 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt together.
- Beat in the milk, butter, eggs and vanilla until completely smooth.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Evenly pour into two microwavable 8 ounce mugs.
- Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips evenly on top of the batter in the two mugs.
- Place the both of the mugs into the microwave and heat on high for 1 minute and 25 seconds (I have a 1500 watt microwave, so other watt microwaves will have varying times).
- Allow the mugs to cool for at least 5 minutes before enjoying with your favorite icing or ice cream!