Looking for some fun crafts for your next party or playgroup? Why not let the kids get their creative brains working, and get their hands in the kitchen at the same time? These fun party foods will have each of your guests smiling and busy making a creation of their own. (They are fun for after school snacks too!)
- Sliced apples
- Creamy peanut butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Candy corn
- Each child will need two apple slices, peanut butter, and 4-6 candy corn or marshmallows
- Spread a thick layer of peanut butter on one side of each apple slice
- Firmly press a line of candy/marshmallows along the peel side of one apple slice; to make the teeth.
- Place remaining apple, peanut butter side down, on to the candy, to make the upper lip.
Sit back and enjoy a great smile!
This has to be my new favorite kitchen craft. Everyone in our family enjoys actual simple sushi rolls, so for the kids to get hands on and make their own rolls is a blast. Great for parties, or after school fun.
- Crispy rice treats (Store bought or homemade)
- Fruit Roll-ups (green and purple)
- Licorice sticks
- Star-burst candies
- Candy Sprinkles
To make candy sashimi:
- Cut or form Rice treats into rectangles 1×2 inches
- Smash and form star-bursts into fish shapes, and rectangles. Set on top of rice treats.
- With a Pizza cutter, slice Fruit Roll-ups into long strips about ½ inch wide.
- Wrap each treat with roll-up strip to represent seaweed wrap.
To make candy rolls:
- Slice star-bursts and licorice sticks into small chunks to fill sushi rolls.
- Form Rice Treats into a cylinder around Star-bursts.
- Wrap entire cylinder with Roll-up strips or roll in sprinkles.
Don’t forget the Chop Sticks!! So Fun!
- Cake Mix (any flavor)
- Ice Cream Cones
- Icing (Homemade or Store-bought)
- Variety of sprinkles, crushed cookies, and small candy pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cake mix according to directions
- Line up ice cream cones in a 9×13 baking dish
- Fill each cone ¾ full
- Bake for 18-24 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in center of cake comes out clean
- Let cool completely, ice with tip to make appearance of ice-cream and decorate with sprinkles and or cookie/candy pieces
Here are a few more fun and crafty snacks on Blissfully Domestic