The holidays are quickly approaching and if you are anything like me you tend to over-prepare with lists, menus, and your favorite recipes compiled, right down to pre-dinner cocktails … which of course require pre-holiday sampling, especially whilst decorating.
Well, let me share a very festive cocktail with you that will make the perfect addition to your holiday bar cart. The best part is that part of it can be made a day or two ahead of time, the rest is put together in no time at all, bringing out your inner mixologist and impressing your guests.
A Pomegranate Pear Cocktail
Ingredients (per cocktail)
- 2oz Vodka
- 2oz pear puree – 2 pears and 2oz simple syrup
- 2oz pomegranate juice
- garnish: pomegranate arils, fresh pear slices, fresh mint
- Make the pear puree first, which can be made a day or two in advance. Remove the skin from the pears, dice, and pop into a saucepan with the simple syrup, stirring occasionally until soft, and then mash. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place a little ice into a glass
- In a cocktail shaker add about a cup of ice, the vodka, pear puree, and pomegranate juice. Shake, shake, shake …
- Pour over ice in the glass and garnish with fresh pear slices, pomegranate arils, and fresh mint.