Talks of salads, salad dressings, homemade, green salads are more are buzz words around the blogosphere.
Well, I love ranch dressing and nothing beats a good homemade buttermilk ranch dressing, or so I thought, before I stumbled upon this Smoky Buttermilk Ranch Dressing that is perfectly seasoned and spiced with a smoked paprika.
This would be the perfect addition to your superbowl veggie tray, buffalo wings or topping your favorite green salad. I think I’m going to make this and use it as a spread for my husband’s sandwiches and favorite pitas!
Smoky Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place garlic on a cutting board and use the side of a wide knife to smash. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt on garlic. Use a fork to mash the garlic and salt into a paste.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together, garlic paste, buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, chives, green onion, vinegar, smoked paprika and black pepper. Season to taste with salt.
Are you eating healthier this New Year? Do you have a favorite homemade dressing or salad recipe?