I just love the colors that are associated with St. Patrick’s Day. Who doesn’t love rainbows, glitter, pots of gold, and lots of greens!?!
For your St. Patrick’s Day Party this year, how about you serve up these healthier party foods that your guests will love!
- Rainbow Vanilla Pudding topped with Homemade Whipped Cream
- Shamrock Mini Pizzas
- Rainbow Fruit Plate
adapted from Kid’s Kitchen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- gel food coloring (Americolor) – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Stir the sugar and corn starch together in a pot with a wooden spoon.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the 2% milk until combined.
- Add in the remaining 2% milk and the whole milk. Put on medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 15 minutes (do not boil).
- In a bowl, lightly beat the egg and egg whites.
- While whisking the egg mixture, add in 1 cup of the warm milk mixture.
- Once combined, whisk the egg mixture into the pot of the milk mixture.
- Whisk over medium-low heat for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Pour into a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap on the surface of the pudding.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour until chilled.
- Separate the pudding out into 6 bowls, coloring each bowl a different color.
- Scoop into pastry bags and add to your pretty cups.
- Next, beat the whipping cream until it’s reached stiff peaks.
- Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Place a dollop (or two) on top of the pudding cups.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
- hamburger bun halves
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- bell pepper, sliced horizontally
- Spread the pizza sauce on the hamburger buns.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place a slice of bell pepper on each bun.
- Toast until warm and the cheese is melted.
Rainbow Fruit Plate
- cantaloupes or clementines
- pineapple chunks
- kiwi fruit
- purple grapes
- Arrange in a rainbow formation. You could even dollop some whipped cream on either end of the rainbow for dipping as the clouds!