Sweet Potato Spice Cookies
Inspired by Taste of Home Baking Classics
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup finely shredded uncooked sweet potato
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Beat in an egg, sweet potato and orange juice concentrate. Gradually add in flour mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Stir in butterscotch chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets 2 inches apart. However if you use a baking mat or parchment, greasing is not necessary. I also pushed 5-6 extra butterscotch chips into the tops of my cookies. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 14-16 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
For the recipe with step by step pictures or simply to see more tongue teasing goodies, go visit Noble Pig.
Recipe and original picture from Noble Pig