But, who says you have to eat raw broccoli and brussel sprouts all day to be healthy???
These belgium waffles are packed with whole grains and protein to keep you full and healthy.
And why not top your waffles with some fresh fruit and throw in a side of bacon for some EXTRA protein?
Give it a go! You’re family won’t be able to tell it’s good for them!
Whole Wheat Waffles
adapted from Baker Bettie
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cup reduced fat milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- In a bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks, milk and butter together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into the batter.
- Cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions.
Servings: 2 belgium waffles
Note: Recipe can be doubled or tripled to make more waffles.