Who’s ready for a warm bed of vegetables topped with scrumptiously moist chicken?
There’s this new product out now from Kraft called Fresh Take. It’s so versatile and flavorful. Plus, it couldn’t be easier to use! With all of the ingredients in the bag, all you have to do is give the bag a little shake you get ready to enjoy amazing meals! Talk about easy to prepare and easy to clean up.
Here are the different flavor varieties of Kraft Fresh Take:
- Cheddar Jack and Bacon
- Smokey Mesquite BBQ
- Classic Four Cheese
- Spicy Chipotle Cheddar
- Southwest Three Cheese
- Rosemary and Roasted Garlic
- Chili Lime and Panko
- Savory Four Cheese
- Italian Parmesan – My flavor!
This is all a part of a very exciting and tasty campaign filled with delicious recipes and an great giveaway over the next few weeks. If you get a chance to pop by the diary aisle of your grocery store, pick up a Kraft Fresh Take package and try out this or any other recipe on the back and tweet to us at @BlissfullyD and use the hashtag #KraftFreshTake.
So here’s how it works, each week, I’m given a challenge card. Up first:
As you can probably already tell from the photo above, I took the challenge and went for challenge #1 and #2 into one meal. This Warm Italian Chicken Salad is so easy to whip up. The homemade dressing and warm vegetables can be made while the Kraft Fresh Take chicken is in the oven baking into deliciousness. Then, within minutes, you’ll have a fabulous warm salad on the table for you and your family.
You can find the detailed recipe for this challenge at the bottom of this page.
Okay, let’s get started!
First you’ll open the bag and the divider. Give the contents (cheese and perfectly seasoned breadcrumbs) a little shake and boom:
You’ll now take your boneless, skinless chicken breasts and wet them a little bit in the sink or a bowl.
Stick the chicken in the bag and coat well.
Remove the chicken from the bag and place on your baking sheet. I like to cover my baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
Repeat this process with all of your chicken. The Kraft Fresh Take contains enough breading to cover 2 pounds of chicken breasts!
Next, we’ll whip up the dressing for our salad by adding some balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper to the jar. Give it a little shake and set the dressing aside.
Next, we’ll put together our warm salad while the chicken is baking. Sauté the mushrooms and onions until tender. Then, add in the spinach until wilted. Remove from heat.
Now that the chicken is out of the oven, simply mix the remaining toppings like grape tomatoes and olives along with your homemade dressing to the salad.
Give your salad a little toss and top with your Kraft Fresh Take baked chicken!
Warm Italian Salad
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 package Kraft Fresh Take Italian Parmesan
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 10 ounce package fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- (optional) 2 tablespoons basil leaves, julienned
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the insides of the Kraft Fresh Take in the bag.
- Dip the chicken into the bag, coating completely.
- Place the breaded chicken onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the 1/4 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside. This will be your dressing.
- Once the chicken is done, side aside.
- In a pan, sauté the the mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until tender.
- Add in the spinach until wilted.
- Remove from the heat and gently toss in the tomatoes, olives and basil.
- Serve up the salad and place the sliced chicken on top.
- Enjoy with your favorite slice of bread and wine!
Servings: 2 large servings or 4 small servings
Disclaimer: KRAFT Foods is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to me and has provided me with a gift of equal value for review. This program is not administered or sponsored by Kraft Foods or its affiliates, but solely by Blissfully Domestic.