Here is a simple, yet festive, idea for some last minute Christmas decorations or gifts.
Christmas Tree Topiaries
Supplies you will need:
- Cone floral forms – these can be found at most floral and craft stores.
- Spray paint – the same color as the yarn or twine you choose.
- Twine or yarn – If you choose yarn, you will want a type with more loft – I used chenille yarn for the version here.
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Straight pins with colored ends (optional)
- Start by spray painting your cone the color of the yarn or twine you will be using.
- Allow the cone to dry completely.
- Starting at the bottom, use a dot of hot glue to attach the end of the yarn and wrap upwards.
- Use dots of hot glue every once in a while to keep the yarn in place.
- The top is the trickiest part. You will probably want to cover the top with hot glue as you coil your yarn or twine to the center.
- I left my topiaries as is, simple and elegant, but you can also adorn them with little “ornaments.” Straight pins with large brightly colored ends work best for this.
So for just a few minutes of time you have a lovely addition to your Christmas decor. Or by adding a plump candlestick to display the topiary, you can give a great last minute gift. Simple, elegant and festive.