Trying something new is hard. Whether it’s a diet, starting your own business, changing a habit, or maybe learning a new sport, there are some days that are great and some that are, well, challenging. It’s important to remember to push through when you hit a rough patch.
Sometimes inspiration comes in the most unexpected places. I found a bookmark with these tips tucked into a book I purchased at a used book sale. Written by The Bureau For At-Risk Youth, the points outlined are simple, and the advice relatable. Think about these the next time you need a little extra encouragement.
10 Ways To Keep Motivated
- Realize that mistakes are opportunities to learn.
- Know that you CAN make a difference.
- Dream – and make your dreams become your reality.
- Think I CAN, not I can’t.
- Attitude is everything – make yours positive.
- Stop worrying and start enjoying your life.
- Set realistic goals and go for them.
- Don’t look back at the bad times – focus on the future.
- Be proud of the things you do well.
- Give yourself plenty of praise and reward yourself for your everyday successes.
Not only are these a good message for you, but the kids in your life.. What advice would you add to this list?