On our last trek to the woods, we gathered seeds and leaves. My daughter was fascinated by the miniature acorns. The tops reminded her of fairy hats, so we pushed the books aside, gathered supplies, and created dolls. Here is how we did it:
- Two complete acorns
- One acorn top (optional)
- Silk flower (stems and leaves removed)
- Yarn for hair
- Glue (I used hot glue)
- Permanent ink or paint
- Glue silk flower on the top of one acorn. Glue second acorn (head) on top of the silk flower.
- If the bottom is unstable, add the optional acorn top for feet.
- Cut short pieces of yarn or string for hair. It can always be trimmed if uneven, so don’t worry about length. Put a line of glue around 3/4 of the top acorn just below the stem. Add yarn. Trim when glue dries.
- Draw or paint a face on the acorn.
- Enjoy your miniature treasure crafted from nature!