Get those cereal boxes out of the recycling bin, grab your scissors and some glue and delight your family with colorful Thanksgiving table decorations.
With minimal effort and materials, you can transform used food packaging into cheerful holiday decor.
To make these fun cereal box turkeys, you need simply:
- cereal boxes or other cardboard food packaging
- glue stick or craft glue
- optional: popsicle sticks, clothespins, cardboard roll, cardboard or foam core board scraps
- preferably, but not necessarily: circle cutter
Read the directions here for assembling your cereal box turkeys.
Use popsicle sticks for standing your turkeys (or, rather, poking them into something). Kids can also use them as paper puppets too.
To use your cereal box turkey as part of your table decor, give it a napkin holding ability.
1. Glue a clothespin to the back for clipping your turkey onto the edge of a plate, cup, place card, napkin or other table item.
2. Glue an inch wide piece of cardboard roll to the back of a small turkey and use as a napkin ring.
Such a simple craft for repurposing an otherwise easy-to-toss cereal box. Happy Thanksgiving!