How are your kids table manners?
I am a mama who’s a sticker for table manners. I am always coming up with new ways to remind my children to mind their table manners! One of my favorite new tools that I use is the table manners napkin. This is a simple fun project that you could do with your kids and a great reminder of the basic rules.With only a few tools and steps, you too can help shape up your children’s manners!
The Table Manners Reminders
- Put the napkin in your lap.
- Say please and thank you.
- Try it you might actually like it.
- Elbows off the table, please.
- Chew with your mouth closed.
- Don’t reach across the table.
- No texting at the table.
- Is that table talk?
- Take your dishes to the sink.
Table Manners Napkin Instructions
- Cloth Napkins
- A large piece of paper
- Fabric markers
- Choose the message that you would like to highlight on the napkin.
- Cut a strip of paper and either write the phrase by hand or cut out typed words to place under the napkin. This will be your guide.
- Use the guide as you carefully write the phrase on each edge of the napkin. Fabric markers should be used for this part. Print with neat strokes. To make it look a little fancier, at the end of each line add a dot in a different color. You can also write either a different message on each end of the napkin or switch colors on top and bottom.
- And voila, your table manner reminder napkins are complete. A great tool to make and use before those special holiday dinners with friends and family.
What do you do to encourage good table manners? Any tools and/or suggestions?