Here is a simple, yet “handy” Valentine’s Day card you can make with your children, using their hand prints to make a heart shape. This was very simple and fun to do. Maybe you will want to make one too
- 2. When applying the hand to the paper, turn the card paper upside down and/or backwards-so the card opens the opposite way of what you would normally expect. This way, your child will not have to bend their hand in an awkward position when stamping their hands into a heart shape. Have your child hold their fingers together instead of spread apart. This way the image will look more like a heart. The palm of the hand makes the top of the heart, and the fingers make the bottom of the heart.
- 3. Press the hand evenly and lift straight up when done.
- 4. Repeat the process with the other hand.4. Wipe off extra ink/paint with a baby wipe, and then wash the hand with soap and water. Then let dry.
- 5. Use a black pen to add words or embellish. You could also stamp some words. I also used a red ink pad to ink the edges of the card.
- 6. Write a message to the loved one inside and you are done!