My four-year-old’s preschool class loves to play kitties, so we thought a friendly kitty Valentine would be purr-fect!
- construction paper or cardstock for the card (we used a cut-up painting my daughter made at preschool)
- one large heart for the head (we cut ours from construction paper)
- two medium hearts for ears (we used foam stickers)
- one small heart for the nose (we used a sticker)
- googly eyes
- marker for drawing whiskers
You can make your kitties out of whatever you have on hand — paper, felt, fabric, stickers, doilies, etc. We made one kitty together, then my daughter was able to refer to that one to make the rest. We added a printed label that says, “You are a purr-fect friend!” On the back, she’ll sign her name and tape on a tasty organic sucker from Yummy Earth.
I think her friends are going to adore them – I know I do! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Are your kids making Valentine’s Day cards? Share them with us on our Facebook page!