Tired of wearing your hair the same old way every single day? How about surprising your Valentine with a sexy updo on your next romantic night out? A little extra time spent on your new style may save Cupid an arrow. Did you know “The neck is the most sexual part of a woman’s body, so exposing it is a subconscious way of flirting?”
Try one of these easy styles to send a message to that special someone in your life.
According to professional hairstylist, Kate, “There is a big difference between the “I’m going to the gym” ponytail, and The Ponytail.”
In her video tutorial, Kate lists these steps to help you achieve perfection:
- Start with hair already styled with curling iron and product
- Use a jaw clip to secure a small section of hair at the crown to ensure a little extra lift (clip will be removed after wrapping ponytail)
- Loosely gather remainder of hair and pull into a ponytail
- Wrap with a clear ponytail holder and remove jaw clip
- Fluff, adjust and spray as needed
- Watch the end of the video as Kate reveals her secret trick for giving her ponytail a little extra fluff.
Of course you can always go with a glammed up classic:
- Super-sleek and skinny ponytail
- Ponytail with curls – create curls by taking small sections of the ponytail and wrapping around a curling iron to form long, loose curls
Off the Neck Updo
For hair completely off the neck, try this elegant updo.
How to achieve this look
- Gather hair in a loose ponytail
- Curl sections of ponytail with curling iron, using hairspray to hold curls
- Pin curled sections individually with bobby pins until achieving desired look
- Embellish with hair accessory of your choice.
Who knew flirting could be so easy?
Try something different.
Add a little flavor to your beauty routine.
Set the mood with your new updo and let your hair do the talking on your next romantic evening alone with the one you love.
“I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.” ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning